Advent Powerline Adaptors

biteintoablt 21:18 22 Jun 2009

Don't make the mistake that I did of purchasing Advent Powerline Adaptors from eBay sellers. I purchased 4 of these; the first packed up on day 1 but was changed by the supplier. Over the next 3 months 3 have stopped working completely, and the seller will not replace them as they only provide a 2 week guarantee. I recently went to PC world to look at the option of purchasing one so that my one remaining one might be worth having - but was informed by their tech guys that PC World have stopped selling them because of their unreliability. Apparently they fail because of voltage surge - which might be avoided if the installation instructions didn't say that they will not work if connected via a surge protector. PC World have obviously sold off their supplies to eBay sellers to minimise there losses. Don't be conned like I was.

It is also notable that there is no means of contacting 'Advent' to request assistance or place a formal complaint - and PC World simply respond to any questions by saying 'not our problem as we didn't sell them' despite being the official organisation that created the name of Advent.

Be warned!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?