Advent 9112 laptop

kikidee 19:34 18 May 2008

Where can I get the manual.
By pressing fn and f10 I get green light on camera but how can I find out if it works?
Your advice will be graetly appreciated

Ditch999 20:08 18 May 2008

I am led to believe that ECS make Advent laptops and that yours is model No S2011. If so you can download the manual click here which is the ECS website. You didnt give any spec of the laptop so I cant compare anything but it does have a webcam.

kikidee 20:24 18 May 2008

Looked at S2011 model. No mention of webcam in a manual.

Ditch999 20:34 18 May 2008

If you have Windows Live Messenger or Messenger installed it has the option of live video. Go to Tools and Webcam settings. This will show if its working or not.

Ditch999 20:41 18 May 2008

You are not alone! There is a link to some free software that might work with it as well click here

kikidee 13:02 20 May 2008

Hi Ditch 999.
I downloaded Dorgem but no joy.
I phoned techguys and the guy told me to download skype in order to operate webcam on my laptop ( Advent (9112). I do not believe them I do have windows live messenger but I do not know how webcam works through it. Any step-by-step advice will be greatly appreciated.

sean-278262 13:36 20 May 2008

I have not checked but assume it is vista. Go bring up "control panel" start>control panel. Then open the "device manager" Look under "imaging devices" and tell us what you see regarding your laptops camera. Right click on the item for the webcam and click properties. It may be that it needs the drivers reinstalling.

kikidee 15:05 20 May 2008

Ditch and Astec Thank you.
Almost there!

I went through live messenger and opened tools and bingo I got a picture.
However, there is no way to capture my image and save it as photo.
Yes is Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?