Advent 8212 Problem

leapeake 12:34 13 Nov 2007

Hi,
I purchased a lovely new advent 8212 laptop but on the day of purchase I started to have problems with it.
It has vista home premium pre-installed so I don't know if the problem is hardware or software. Every now and again (can't find a common reason) the lapotop turns off completely. It's not a battery problem and I can turn it back on straight away so not over-heated.
Rang PC world help and they told me to run laptop in BIOS for a few hours and it didn't turn off so they said it was software and had me restorefatory settings (bearing in mind it had only been activated 24hors ago!). Anyway, later that day it turned off again, twice. I took the laptop back and brought home another of the same model. Installed all my software OK (did have a problem installing software on the first machine), connected to internet at home and netwrok at work and was running great until...yep, it just turned itself off.
Other than that I love it.
Anyone experienced similar or have any ideas??

keef66 14:53 13 Nov 2007

is the power management set to shut it down after a very short period of inactivity? I know some of our company laptops have a habit of hibernating if not used constantly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?