Advent 7065 battery problem

cambois 20:32 29 Jan 2006

I have an Advent 7065 laptop (about 14 months old)and it was working fine until about a week ago. The problem is the battery, it shows about 92% charge and without warning the laptop switches off. When you try to re-boot nothing happens, if you then plud in the AC supply an re-boot the battery indicator shows 92% charge. It sometimes gets down to about 48% and the same thing happens. I have contacted PC World as I took out the extended waranty but they told me that the battery only has a 6 month waranty and I should charge it from flat and that should work, No luck

gfpbatpcadvisor 17:21 06 Apr 2006

your battery may need re calibrating which can be done via system bios settings, or it may simply be that the power socket has become lose, I had the same problem with my last laptop. I was ready to replace the battery until i noticed that if i moved the plug the charging/ac power light either went off or on.

gfpbatpcadvisor 17:27 06 Apr 2006

what pc world failed to tell you is your computer does not completely discharge the battery, this is to prevent loss of data it shuts the harddrive and system down with 2 minutes left. that is why you must tell the bios to let it completely discharge the battery before closing. look for recalibration settings in the bios. if you don't know how to get into bios, switch comp on and wait for text to appear then pres del button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?