Advent 5411 wont start!!!!

garsey16 23:35 13 May 2009

Please help....

i bought a refurbished advent 5411 laptop just over 1 month ago. It was working perfectly. But 2 days ago, i went to turn it on and the power button lights up, the power on LED lights up at the front, and the HDD light turns on, but goes out after 5 secinds. The screen remains completely blank and i canhear the internal fan turning on when the lid is closed while it is still on. The volume slider doesn't even light up when its on. Can somebody give me some advice, as i am a student who requires a fully functioning computer to live!!!

johndrew 10:26 14 May 2009

`.. refurbished ..`

Did it come with a warranty? If so you should contact the seller. If it was `refurbished` by the previous owner you should contact him/her.

Did it come with all disks, especially a recovery disk?

It could be anything from bad connections to a failed drive. I think pressing <F2> on start should get you into the BIOS which would let you see if the drive is recognised. If you can`t get into BIOS it may be a major fault.

garsey16 18:33 14 May 2009

I it had a years warranty. The screen was completely inactive so i could not access the BIOS. I had already tried that previously. I went to PCWORLD today and they gave me an exchange fo an acer laptop which has the same spec but a smaller hard drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone