advanced windows care version 2

mobileman1953 17:00 13 Sep 2006

after downloading above program looking in system details it tellsme my computer has 512 mb of memory which is correct, it also tells me that 342mb is being used and 168mb is free do you think these figures are correct as it seems to be using a lot of memory , operating system win xp home sp2 any info anyone

mobileman1953 16:29 14 Sep 2006

no replys but thanks for looking

Gongoozler 16:48 14 Sep 2006

Your computer will use the memory in the most efficient way it can. If you go to Control Panel - Administrative tools - Performance, you will see a graphical representation of the memory and cpu usage. They will both vary according to what the computer is doing at the time. My computer memory usage is ticking over at about 10% (of 768M) while it is idling, so if yours is using 342M I would expect it to be doing something quite busy. Mine peaks to 100% while it's loading an application like Word.

Be very wary about downloading software that claims to optimise your computer - some is good but a lot is no better than malware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?