Advanced Windows Care Pro 2.9

Yimbo 17:35 09 Jun 2009

I've installed this product from the PCA August DVD, but I'm having trouble with Registration. I've entered my name and "Company" i.e. I put "personal" in this box, and copied and pasted the Licence Key provided on the DVD. However, I keep getting the message: "Invalid user name or Licence Key. Please enter the Licence Key again" I've done this several times, with the same effect. What am I doing wrong - or has anyone else had the same problem?

Sea Urchin 17:39 09 Jun 2009

Someone with the same problem but no resolution

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:45 09 Jun 2009

try putting Home in the box

Yimbo 17:52 09 Jun 2009

I didn't notice that post, Sea Urchin. I've just tried your suggestion, Fruit Bat - no luck though! Maybe PCA have provided an invalid code!!! ??? Or maybe it's a ruse to get you to purchase the program!!! ??? Has anyone successfully registered this product?

audeal 22:12 09 Jun 2009

Try downloading their latest version v3. click here

Yimbo 10:04 10 Jun 2009

I tried what you said - but though I downloaded the program OK, it won't let me DO anything - repair, clean etc, unless I purchase it! I thought the PCA version was supposed to work for free - at least for a trial period. Since I'm not the only one experiencing this trouble, I'm frankly surprised that no-one at PCA has picked up on this problem and resolved it! Maybe they will now!!!

Yimbo 00:48 11 Jun 2009

Come on PCA - what's the matter with this Registration issue??

Yimbo 13:37 11 Jun 2009

Just noted that the "account name" should be entered as "PC Advisor", folloed by the given Licence Code - and hey presto - I'm fully registered! My apologies PCA for ever doubting you!

kcstar98 14:57 12 Jun 2009

Hi,

I too having trouble with Registration. Firstly the DVD is not auto run and needed type in the commands to run the setup. Secondly I don't know were to look for the license code because non pdf file or adobe reader icons found in the DVD (perhaps I had a damaged one with missing files?)

Would some one please kindly tell me what to do or let me have the code?

Many thanks.

KC

johndrew 16:03 12 Jun 2009

Put the DVD in the drive.
Open `My Computer` and double click (or right click and select `Explore`) the DVD icon.
In the contents window double click (or right click and select `Run`) the Adobe icon.
When Adobe Reader (or whichever PDF reader you use) opens, scroll down to the page showing AWC.
You can install from this page and registration details are also provided - note both the `User` and the number as you will need both.

PCA DVDs have not `Autorun` for many months on my PC either. I believe the feature was removed a considerable time ago and commented on in this Forum or the magazine.

kcstar98 23:06 12 Jun 2009

Thanks Johndrew. I haven't bought PCA mag for ages and found it is a bit inconvenience to run the DVDs. However, by type in commands from D roots I can see the programs and be able to install them but no sign of the pdf page which showing AWC; the files I can found so far contents pdf file is inside 'Sunbelt' for Vipre setup and glossary in 'Essentials'.

Am I looking at the wrong direction? I did follow your instruction to select 'explore' from the DVD icon but the file was blank; no icons show there unless I input commands from the root such as 'full','trial'or 'essential' then the contents files appears. Should it be a file name I can type to show this pdf files? Perhaps I should call PCA to send me a new disk or e-mail me the licences code file.

Once more, Thank you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?