Advanced Uninstaller Free

Graphicool1 10:58 23 Mar 2010

Innovative Solutions
Supports: XP/Vista/7 - 32 and 64
click here

birdface 11:10 23 Mar 2010

Hi.I used to use one of their other products[Driver Max]which used to use up all of my CPU in short bursts I solved that by removing it at start up.
I am just getting to grips with Revo Uninstaller at the moment which I find very good.
Is Advanced Uninstaller any better than Revo.

gengiscant 11:34 23 Mar 2010

I much prefer Revo but I will also try this.
I think I might have had an older version in the past, I certainly had something as I had the same email from Innovative.

Graphicool1 11:35 23 Mar 2010

I too have been using 'Revo'. But as of yesterday, when I tried to uninstall two programmes and ran into a few problems IE: When 'CCleaner' couldn't remove either of them.

I turned to Revo, it said...'can't find the uninstaller' It then proceeded to give me the path to the programme's files and instructed me to remove them myself! Which although I am quite capable doing, I feel Revo is missing the point. I use them, to save me having to go here, there and everywhere in my System, to make sure they are all really gone!

So when I received an email this morning from 'Innovative Solutions' telling me about this free uninstaller, I thought I'll give it a go.

So the answer to your question...
"Is Advanced Uninstaller any better than Revo"
I am yet to find out, as I have already uninstalled those two programmes myself, the long winded way. If I find something else that needs uninstalling in the next few days, I'll resurrect this posting with my findings.

birdface 11:39 23 Mar 2010

Maybe it is Revo's way to make you update to the Pro version.
Let us know how you get on.
Tried removing E-Prompter using Revo last week and although it was in my add remove programs Revo could not find it.

Graphicool1 11:42 23 Mar 2010

I too use 'Driver Max', but I don't have it running all the time. I only run it when I want - or am looking for - a new driver for something specific. I don't have it running in 'Start Up'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?