Advanced System Care PRO any good?

legalrep 21:12 25 Nov 2009

I have just downloaded a free 1 year license for Advanced System Care PRO. Before I install it does anyone have any experience with this program and is it any good? Does it do what C Cleaner does and can I dispense with C Cleaner if I use it?

MAT ALAN 21:17 25 Nov 2009

What others like about the prog you may not, a fair test as its free is to install it, run it and see if it really does what you want it to do...

User-1229748 21:23 25 Nov 2009

don't know about the pro version but the free one wiped all my programs in the start menu.that was however about a year ago.

tullie 21:58 25 Nov 2009

I think its a good program,the free version is fine without paying for the pro version.It has never deleted anything that i dident want it to using the default settings.

cocteau48 09:15 26 Nov 2009

I got the Pro version free for six months which I installed both on the Vista Laptop and the XP desktop.
At the end of the six months it stopped working on the lappy but still continues to work on the XP machine and comparing the two side by side I can see no noticeable difference between what they achieve.

rawprawn 09:20 26 Nov 2009

I run the Pro version and I am very happy with it and no problems, I put the free version on my friends machine and it increased his BB connection rate after it optimised his system

legalrep 10:14 26 Nov 2009

Installed and so far very impressed seems a good piece of software. Only slight niggle with it is how can I stop the screen appearing on start up which informs about updating? Had a quick play but can't seem to be able to stop it appearing? Thanks for all the feedback so far very interesting any other comments will be much appreciated.

sunnystaines 10:39 26 Nov 2009

keep ccleaner i use both

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?