Advanced PC Tweaker

thumbscrew 23:04 13 Mar 2009

Anyone any information about a tool called Advanced PC Tweaker? I downloaded it because,after reading about its claims, it sounded really helpful. After my first trial scan it claimed to have detected well over a hundred problems, which put me in mind of those phony programs which "discover" a multitude of so-called non-existent threats and pretend to remove them.

Belatucadrus 23:36 13 Mar 2009

Even if it works, they seem to want $34.95 before it'll do anything. This pricing gem is hidden from view extremely well in the small print, add this to the site repeatedly trying to start the file download despite my not clicking a download button and it's ticking several of my not with the proverbial bargepole boxes.
Stick with CCleaner click here

thumbscrew 23:49 13 Mar 2009

Weird that, it's in another mag as free software!!click here

ambra4 01:03 14 Mar 2009

Download Advanced PC Tweaker™ 4.1.0 for Windows Free Download

Trial Limitations: the trial is time unlimited performances scan only.

A registered version is required to remove all detected problems and utilize all the built-in functions.

Graphicool1 12:16 14 Mar 2009

Advanced SystemCare Free 100% Freeware click here

thumbscrew 23:10 14 Mar 2009

Many thanks everyone, I'm extremely wary of these programs that claim to cleanse and then incredibly find hundreds of so-called "Threats", especially when I've just done a Superantisyware, Ad-Aware and Spybot sweep and they've all been clear!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?