Advance Windows Care Pro 3 - A Warning

johndrew 16:32 02 Feb 2010

I installed the subject software from the April PCA disk, registered it and have run a number of scans in the default installed condition. I have found that it inhibits/removes the NVidia Control Panel feature which is part of the set up for my graphics cards and controls the SLI configuration and other features.

Recovery of the facility can be achieved using the "Restore" function within the software, but, if used frequently it may be necessary to restore a fair number of the saved files - unfortunately these can also be deleted.

The NVidia set up can be repaired using the NVidia installation software for the drivers, but this can take some time.

I have e-mailed IObit with the observation and hope they will take the problem on board. However in the meanwhile I would advise anyone using this software to be careful and to check what is being removed by the "Registry Fix" function as it may detract from operation of the PC in other ways besides that I have found.

GaT7 16:48 02 Feb 2010

I think you'll do well to let them know on their forum click here. Bug reports go in this thread click here. G

Fingees 16:51 02 Feb 2010

I use advance system care, with NVidia and Windows 7.

I must say I have not had any such problems.

rawprawn 17:09 02 Feb 2010

Like Fingees, no problems

johndrew 19:35 02 Feb 2010

I use XP. May be peculiar to that.

johndrew 19:36 02 Feb 2010

I e-mailed their Customer Services; should be more direct. I also provided a lot more data.

johndrew 10:06 03 Feb 2010

IObit have come back and are investigating. I shall "tick" this thread and update it with any findings/recommendations they come up with.

johndrew 11:31 05 Feb 2010

IObit have looked at the information and can find no cause.

Interestingly I did a Restore of 295 items cleaned, to regain Control Panel, Restarted the PC and did another "Registry Fix" which cleaned only 52 items (a bit strange I thought) after which Control Panel still worked. IObit couldn`t understand this either.

Guess I`ll continue to use the software for a bit with caution and see what happens.

Input Overload 13:06 05 Feb 2010

I have used this program for several years without issue, I also have a Nvidia card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?