Advaced Systems Care

Bagsey 17:51 19 Apr 2009

I was pointed towards this free program to clean up my computer. Has anybody tried it and has anyone got any opinions on its usefulness. My machine seems to be a little faster, but it could be wishful thinking.
click here

cocteau48 18:03 19 Apr 2009

Advanced Windows Care (now Advanced Systems Care) is a reasonable program which I have used for years without it causing any headaches.
Always take the somewhat overinflated results with a pinch of salt,especially the latest version, which can produce a nag screen telling you that it has found hundreds of problems which can only be solved by purchasing the Pro version.
It's a sales pitch - nothing more.

SB23 18:11 19 Apr 2009

I prefer to use individual programs to get a similar result.
AWC is good, don't get me wrong, I just like it my way.

Bagsey 18:15 19 Apr 2009

Thanks for your response I can put up with the nag screen, but I did wonder about the results which seemed strange as I did some tests and got on one of them more nasties than I started with.
Any as long as it does not give any headaches I will continue to use it. Not keen on paying $15.00 for the full version though.

birdface 18:18 19 Apr 2009

It is probably one of those programs that 50% like and 50% don't.Not a good average as far as I am concerned.
like SB23 I prefer individual programs but the choice is yours.I did use it in it's earlier days so maybe it has improved a lot since.

cocteau48 19:04 19 Apr 2009

Not too sure if it is still active but you may be able to get the Pro version free for 180 days using the activation code on this site:click here
Might be worth a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?