Adult Webspace - Hard To Find

ktheed1 18:37 12 Jan 2004

I am starting up my own dating/adult picture website and have found a brilliant script for it at click here

the only problem is that it requires

Linux/Unix OS, PHP 4.0.6 or higher (Apache and CGI modules), MySQL 3.23.xx or higher, ImageMagick, sox, SendMail, Cron, Shell access (SSH).

and im finding this really hard to find because with hosting companys you have to check there terms and conditions to see if they allow adult content

now can someone please releive my stress by helping me look for a decent company that offers all of the above features and quite a good deal with webspace, as i have spent the 30 - 40 minutes looking

thank you

Kieron

PurplePenny 21:20 12 Jan 2004

Hi Kieron - have you given up on your present dating site (the one that you posted here before)?

We are with Cyberjack. Like you we spent ages trying to find a host - the small print of most companies ruled us out. They are an excellent hosting company with great support:

click here

Penny

Forum Editor 21:34 12 Jan 2004

Let's make it quite clear, right from the start that I don't want to see any links to 'adult' sites here - not even when they're under development.

One person's definition of 'adult' (when used to describe a site's content) may be somewhat different from another's, and we're running a family show. As long as it's legal you're entitled to publish whatever you like on the Internet however, but no links to the site here please.

ktheed1 21:53 12 Jan 2004

I shall co-operate with the rules in this forum, and will make sure no links to it are put in this discussion

ktheed1 21:56 12 Jan 2004

im starting another one

Forum Editor 23:23 12 Jan 2004

ktheed1.

Off we go then.Here's a host that will allow adult content.

PurplePenny 23:46 12 Jan 2004

IIRC someone else did the other site for you. Are you going to have a go at doing this one yourself?

FE - give him the link! :-)

Penny

ktheed1 23:50 12 Jan 2004

and then im going to have a go changing it around my self and redesigning it visualy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?