ad.uk.doubleclick..etc

awest3 10:20 04 Jun 2009

I'm unable to access some links (vista sp2,ie8 and google). They just say unable to display webpage. I've had this problem for some time even with IE7. I've just noticed that if I hover the mouse over an option, it sometimes shows an ad.uk.doubleclick address rather than a more likely address...I've noticed this on my banking system as well, if I hover over some options on the site then the same thing happens. Now I expect that the hosts file I have is trapping these and therefore not displaying. I've located and delted the ad.aware tracking cookie but this has made no difference. I've also run Malwarebytes/superantispy etc. and found no issues...

Any ideas welcome as ever

Al

ambra4 13:18 04 Jun 2009

Download and install SpywareBlaster 4.2 and SpywareGuard

click here

Make sure that you keep them updated

sunnystaines 15:15 04 Jun 2009

I think you will find its a tracking cookie from some poor web you have visited and needs deleting.

awest3 15:50 04 Jun 2009

thing is I use CCleaner after every session on the web so all cookies get deleted except BBC and PC advisor.

awest3 15:56 04 Jun 2009

done all that...no change I'm afraid

awest3 16:10 04 Jun 2009

forgot to mention I also use AVG 8.5. I've also checked the registry for doubleclick entries and found none...

awest3 10:53 10 Jul 2009

bump..! still have the same problem...any ideas folks...

birdface 11:16 10 Jul 2009

Try running Malwarebytes [free].And maybe download IE7 Pro add-on.That should stop it.

awest3 13:12 10 Jul 2009

thanks Buteman,

I have run Malwarebytes but no issues found, I also tried A squared, superantispy and a couple of others mentioned above NFF with each of them.

Also used AVG8 scan still nothing....

Whats the addon for ie7 pro you alluded to.?

Al

rawprawn 13:29 10 Jul 2009

Try running Malwarebytes in Safe Mode

rawprawn 13:31 10 Jul 2009

Also look in msconfig, and if all else fails search your reistry Editor for it and delete any reference to it.
BACK UP your Registry first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?