Adtech tracking cookie

Stressed Mum 09:17 11 Jul 2008

Do I need to be too concerned about this? Just updated to AVG 8.0. Getting a warning each time I open Firefox now- being told that I have to close Firefox before ccleaner can run, so ccleaner can't get it??? Should I put it in my 'allow' box on AVG or something?? Yesterday I did use the increasemysurfingspeed.blogspot.com on both my PC and kids Pc which has really speeded up the browsing. Would this have anything to do with it? Thanks. SM

birdface 09:36 11 Jul 2008

Does AVG not find it and delete it.I use A Squared and that usually gets rid of most tracking cookies.I would imagine there must be a way of removing it from Firefox.If I remember right you have allowed cookies in Firefox.You also must have a way to remove cookies that you don't want.Mind you that was with using add-block add-on.

birdface 09:43 11 Jul 2008

C Cleaner.I don't have that anymore.But you could go into cookies on it.And the cookies that you wanted to save you put in the right hand box and the ones you wanted to remove you left them in the left hand box.But I would imagine you would have to remove it from Firefox.

Stressed Mum 09:59 11 Jul 2008

The warning comes from AVG - as I open firefox - it warns me that Adtech is there. Just wondering if Adtech tracking cookie is a worry - or can I ignore it. Comes up on the AVG scans and is removed, but everytime I open firefox it's there again, flashing it's warning...

birdface 10:11 11 Jul 2008

Nothing to worry about.But you need someone that uses Firefox to explain how to remove it.

Stressed Mum 10:23 11 Jul 2008

ok - thank you. Will try and find someone!

Stressed Mum 10:44 11 Jul 2008

Traced it back to iTunes!! Deleted the specifics!!

birdface 11:23 11 Jul 2008

I can see why you get stressed.Glad to see that you found the problem and also glad to see you have the computer working Okay now. And it never cost a penny.Can't be bad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie