Adssite removal

slydog 16:34 03 Feb 2008

Hi Guys I have been try for weeks now to get rid of adssite popups that are plaguing my surfing. I have tried several methods of removal and removed all of the visible files from various directories in safe mode etc, have tried combofix, spyhunter and stopzilla. stopzilla finds a load of registry entries but does not allow these to be listed. Anybody know how to purge this nuisance from my system.

Hillwood 16:49 03 Feb 2008

Try Ad Muncher click here - 30 day free trial or AdBlock Plus in Firefox Browser add-ons.
Hillwood

VoG II 16:56 03 Feb 2008

Try SDFix - there is a link to download it click here

birdface 17:30 03 Feb 2008

Googled.click here=

mfletch 17:41 03 Feb 2008

Hi,

Show you hidden files and then do a full scan in safe mode with Superantispyware,

Superantispyware,
FREE/ click here

Click Start.
Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View tab.
Under the Hidden files and folders heading SELECT Show hidden files and folders.
UNCHECK the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
UNCHECK the Hide extensions for known file types option.
Click Yes to confirm.
Click OK

mfletch

slydog 00:09 07 Feb 2008

Thanks for the replies all, have now tried most of the above and as yet had no success. SDfix supposedly found quite a lot of problems but adssite wasn't one of them.It also required purchase of licence to remove problems, then it or something else blocked access to internet. So have just reset using system restore and will use AVG to check for other nasties. Superantispyware found a few bits & pieces but not adssite, haven't tried AdMuncher yet as I would like to remove the files rather than just blocking them. I'm still working my way through some of the google fixes but most of them like SDfix scan but don't fix.
Found some adssite associated files and removed them manually in safe mode and also checked out registry using regcleaner which has found no associated entries.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Slydog

birdface 07:48 07 Feb 2008

Your best bet would be to go to the Malware Forum you have to register.But if you read all the instructions and download HJT from their forum and then post it.They will help clean out your computer for you.It may take a few days as they are very busy.click here

slydog 20:15 26 Feb 2008

Thanks for your help guys all advise was partially effective but butemans worked well. I followed the advise given on the malware forum, loaded up Asquared security centre, and I havent seen adssite since. Didnt need to trouble the Malware Forum experts. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017