adsl2+ & 21c

jake2 14:17 19 Sep 2008

I'm not that happy with my broadband speed as its not as fast at it was in my area and throughout the town I live in. When the exchange was upgraded to 8mb it was great for a few months then everybodies speeds dropped by about a half! BT claimed no problems, ISP's no problems yet every person I know has experienced the same thing, Different ISPs different areas of the town and its never recovered.
I see on the web that the exchange is due to go live with BTs 21c adsl2+ on January 31st next year with speeds "up to" 24mb. Could that have anything to do with it?
Will this make much noticeable difference to ordinary users speeds? Will the costs increase via the isps? Anybody got experoience of a 21c enabled exchange?

CurlyWhirly 23:42 20 Sep 2008

I decided to migrate to a LLU operator (O2) as BT (Wholesale) have removed the WBC enablement date on my exchange - it was 19/05/2009.

I am now getting faster speeds on ADSL2+ and only paying half of what I was paying before!

I don't know why your speeds have dropped over time?

Is your exchange congested?

Go to click here to find out.

The VP (virtual path) capacity should be green if everything is okay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?