ADSL router,need help!

BIG ben strikes 10 09:23 07 Mar 2004

hi all,i bought a adsl router the binatone ADSL 2000 usb/router.can i just use this as a normal router?. (i dont have a adsl provider).if so how do i go about doing this?..cheers all

JIM 09:28 07 Mar 2004
  JIM 09:29 07 Mar 2004

spelling:)

BIG ben strikes 10 09:43 07 Mar 2004

sorry JIM i have the guide at home which is basiclly the same as the webpage.but thanx alot mate.im still grateful though.so thanks and dont worry about spelling. im sure if you read through all my threads you'l find a million incorrect spellings.lol.anymore advice apricated.

LeadingMNMs 10:28 07 Mar 2004

Does the router have a built in ADSL modem or not. Chances are (but no gurantees) that if it has a built in modem it will need to be connected to an ADSL line and will not work with standard line.

Alternatively you could use Internet Connection Sharing for now, with the router simply acting as a switch.

BIG ben strikes 10 10:52 07 Mar 2004

make internet sharing?

LeadingMNMs 10:56 07 Mar 2004

Try looking in the Help and Support files on your computer, these should explain what needs to be done. The first thing to do however would be to get the network up and running if its not already.

JIM 11:02 07 Mar 2004

Internet connection sharing.
Broadband Router Guide for the home and small office

The basic idea behind a broadband router is to allow two or more computers to share In internet connection using a technology called NAT - network address translation .

click here

BIG ben strikes 10 11:21 07 Mar 2004

i were to buy a long enough ethernet cable.i could make a simple connection with my adsl 2000 modem/router? but i dont have a isp connection to the internet does this make any difference?
if you go 1/4 down the pageclick here would it be like that connection?

BIG ben strikes 10 11:22 07 Mar 2004

the windows XP as a software bridge sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?