ADSL Router connection to Talk Talk

sabien 22:13 17 Jul 2006

My BT Voyager 2110 adsl router instructions say uninstall existing modem before connecting to voyager modem. Does this mean uninstall talk talk software as well? Talk talk's modem is a simple wired, usb modem. Any clarification would be greatly appreciate - thanks.

ade.h 22:23 17 Jul 2006

There shouldn't be any software necessary, but I can tell you that once you are using a router, there CAN BE NO software involved, because routers don't install; they only connect, and the client PCs do not see the router directly.

sabien 22:32 17 Jul 2006

Tks for your quick reply ade.h. Can I therefore assume that talk talk's software can be left on or would it be better to take it off?

ade.h 22:48 17 Jul 2006

Better to remove it. Much better... I assume that it runs actively; removal will save you the bother of ensuring that it does not run and total removal of software and drivers that relate to any old modem will prevent dial up attempts and force your PC to source its internet connection through the LAN.

sabien 22:54 17 Jul 2006

Tks again ade.h for your help. Things are a lot clearer now - many tks.

evon200 17:50 18 Aug 2006

I cannot get a BT router to access TalkTalk. even when I put in the correct username and password it simply says "Idle". Did you manage to connect ok?

sabien 19:30 18 Aug 2006

I swapped the talk talk usb modem with a bt voyager 2100. I removed talk talk's modem software, went to voyager's website and logged-on with username & p/w. I had to go to Internet Options then Connections and tick: Never dial a connection option. Then on the LAN settings I ticked: Automatically detect settings. Everything worked fine.
I hope you solve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?