ADSL Max

Jackcoms 20:37 18 Apr 2006

There are several threads running in the Forums about ADSL Max which, I gather, is the dog's dangley bits of ADSL.

Unfortunately, I need someone to hold my hand and explain it to me.

I have established from BT that I "may" be able to receive up to 5Mbps from my local exchange which is Max enabled.

I am currently on a 2Mbps package with Tiscali using a Sagem Fast 800-840 USB modem. I also gather that I stand a better chance of receiving ADSL Max if I replace the modem with an ethernet router. OK, I understand that much.

How do I then get the Max service. Do I speak to BT (to whom I pay line rental) or do I speak to Tiscali (my ISP and ADSL provider)?

As far as I know Tiscali don't offer a Max service. I'm confused, please help me!!

CurlyWhirly 23:02 18 Apr 2006

"As far as I know Tiscali don't offer a Max service. I'm confused, please help me!!"

Join the club.
I'm with AOL and although I know that they will be launching a faster broadband service, I have no idea when this is going to be and also I have no idea whether they are going to launch just a LLU service or a mixture of AOL LLU and BT's Max DSL?

I am going to migrate to another ISP when my current contract is up and if it is true that Tiscali don't offer Max DSL then perhaps you should also migrate?

I can't believe that Tiscali have NO intention of ever offering a Max DSL service as they will surely lose loads of customers eager to take advantage of the faster broadband speeds?

ed-0 23:24 18 Apr 2006

Check to see if your exchange has been or is about to be max enabled click here

Then send a pm to MK Andy click here He's very good and will do what he can. I did with very positive results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?