ADSL light solid on router and USB Modem

Killo Bite 00:23 02 Aug 2007

Ok, helping out a friend on TalkTalk using a Belkin Router Ex was using the Sagam 800 usb DSL modem.

Tried other Routers and connection status on and in Routers say connected evene getting solid Greens on Routers and using a Sagem USB modem also showing solid green.

Recently the phone line totally went of from talktalk as my mate is with them for phone. They got that back but broadband never came back to be up and running.

So my Question is even though be it a Router can show Green for Connected & a USB Modem can show green connected does anyone know if its possbile their still could be a fault on TalkTalk end which can effect loss of the broadband.

I thought if the Green lights were solid green then this mean all is ok in that dept.

Taff™ 11:24 02 Aug 2007

I suggest that you log into the routers management interface and check the status and status logs to check if there is a connection there. It could indeed be a fault at TalkTalk`s end but the logs will give you a good clue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?