adsl broadband connection reliability advice

deate 12:43 27 Aug 2007

Hi After alot of unsuccessful searching can anyone tell me how or where can I find out/compare which has the most reliable/consistant connections and is it due to ratios distance from the exchange servers??
I am 1.3 miles from the exchange I am looking at Be but the virgin/talk talk and sky seem good deals and have a 30 day trial period although each has problems
Reliability of the connection is most important
thanks alot
David

Taff™ 12:58 27 Aug 2007

Scouting round this forum will give you all sorts of views on this subject with different ISP`s. Looking at the various reliability awards will give you a similar number of different ISP`s. Your best bet is to speak to others in your area and find out who they are with and how reliable the service is. At that distance from the exchange you shouldn`t have any problems with an ADSL (BT line) at up to 8 MBps - Virgin Cable has no such distance restrictions but there again the infrastructure in your area may be flaky so ask someone.

When you`ve made your decision get one of these people to recommend a friend (You) - they can earn a bonus from most companies and it`s worth a good night out in some cases! (£50 with Virgin I think)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?