That doesn`t work either. All that happens is that I get a window opening saying `Updater is Updating`, the CPU goes to 100% but there is no progress shown in the window.
If I try to end the task either using Task Manager or clicking on `Cancel` the whole thing hangs and I am forced to do a manual reboot as the PC will not restart using the Start panel.
I think either the installation is broken (I have tried the `Repair Adobe Reader Installation` but it hasn`t made any difference) or there is something else I have missed. Maybe I need to go back to an earlier version.
I had the same thing a little while ago, I wondered why everything was slowing down - I looked at Processes and found that Adobe wotsit was taking up 99% of CPU, so I deleted it from processes - no problems since.
See this link click here I changed to PDF. Xchange as Adobe was becoming a pain. The program had gradually grown to 120mb as against the 10mb of PDF- Xchange which is very good and certainly deserves more recognition.