Adobe reader question

golfpro 09:16 10 May 2005

I currently have Adobe reader 6.0 installed, I would like to install version 7.0 with the PDF file reader. I tried to download this but received the message that my B: drive did not have enough space, and to delete files from this to make space. I have deleted temp int files and think I have enough room now, the question is Why would this program be saved in this drive, and would the new program overwrite the old, or should I delete this first.

Bob The Nob© 09:19 10 May 2005

The new reader will over write the old one, but if not just uninstall the old one.

golfpro 10:06 10 May 2005

I still can't download Acrobat reader 7.0, it keeps telling me I don't have enough space on my B: drive, although the file is only 19MB and I have 29MB free and I don't seem to have an option to save it anywhere else. I hope someone has an answer to this.

pauldonovan 10:19 10 May 2005

..did you previously have acrobat installed there (v 6)? If so it is probably sticking to that location.

Try uninstalling 6, then installing 7 and it should give you a choice of new locaton and you can pick another drive with more space.

octal 12:52 10 May 2005

Are you using Windows 98? If you are, stick with Adobe 6, Adobe 7 is for Windows 2000 and Windows XP and it requires 90MB of disk space: click here

woodchip 12:55 10 May 2005

Choose save to disk then you can do what you want with it

DieSse 16:53 10 May 2005

B: drive???? --- nobody has a b: drive these days - it's reserved for a second floppy drive - if it's really saying b: drive, that's the problem - it shouldn't be.

golfpro 17:41 10 May 2005

I resolved the situation by de-installing the version 6.0 and then installing the version 7.0. It now works OK.
I am interested by what DieSse says should I get rid of this B: drive. I have tried deleting this, but my computer says I can't WHY???

woodchip 19:28 10 May 2005

Can you put anything on B:\Drive. If you can then leave it alone

golfpro 07:16 11 May 2005

Having looked into the drive there are two folders, one Recycling and the other temp intenet files which seems to be just full of cookies, but when I tried to delete the drive I got a warning that there were things on there that kept my computer running and that I could not delete it.

octal 07:37 11 May 2005

I suspect in the Temp Internet Files folder there's a file called index.dat, that is the one you can't delete.

You still haven't given us a clue on what operating system you're using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone