Adobe Reader 8

Big Bry 22:01 09 Mar 2007

Hi All,

Is anyone having problems with Adobe Reader 8, in that when you open the programme, or file, when you scroll the page, it incorporates the windows title bar, and becomes a right mishmash! Any remedies?

Cheers

Bry

moorie- 22:05 09 Mar 2007

try click here instead

Technotiger 22:06 09 Mar 2007

Hi, I would advise uninstalling Adobe Reader8 and then re-installing from this site ...

click here

Big Bry 22:00 10 Mar 2007

Hi moorie and Technotiger, thanks for your hints, will try them both, although I will say that I had downloaded my present Adobe reader from that site, Technotiger, but will take your advice and try again, I understand that the Adobe programme has had a lot of glitches in the past and can be temperamental and this version 8 was supposed to be the bees knees. Once again thanks, and will post my results.

Cheers now,

Bry

gel 06:50 11 Mar 2007

I had problems with adobe on my desk top and lap top.
I un installed adobe them and on advice from this panel installed Foxit Result excellent very quick simple small programme
gel

Technotiger 07:22 11 Mar 2007

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

Big Bry 15:55 12 Mar 2007

Thanks gel, I have now tried Foxit and I must say it is very fast and appears to have some useful features, I did uninstall Adobe, download and re-install it, but still had the same problems, I wouldn't care, but it was Computing Which? that recommended AR 8, as there were security bug flaws in earlier versions that have been fixed, but obviously another problem has arisen, thankyou all again for your help, much appreciate it.

Cheers

Bry

Ventad 16:59 16 Oct 2007

Since upgrading to V8 I cannot use adobe reader to read online files,I have also tried deleting the programme and re down loading but cannot down load, I get the same pop up half way through the download as I did whilst trying to read pdf on line stating the following :- "Windows cannot access the specified path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I am logged in as administrator, any ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?