adobe reader

danolito 15:54 18 Jun 2004

What do you need adobe reader for, and do I need it, as you can tell I'm a novice. thanx dan.

ThePharcyde007 15:59 18 Jun 2004

PDF Documents can be read with this program. I use Adobe PDF Writer which publishers any documents should it be a excel/word doc into PDF. It makes it more universal to use PDF because anyone can download a reader for freee should they not have the program the source document came from. Also for control, you cannot edit a PDF with the reader so the document remains static

ThePharcyde007 15:59 18 Jun 2004

PDF Documents can be read with this program. I use Adobe PDF Writer which publishers any documents should it be a excel/word doc into PDF. It makes it more universal to use PDF because anyone can download a reader for freee should they not have the program the source document came from. Also for control, you cannot edit a PDF with the reader so the document remains static.

Online user manuals for pc components etc you will find most in this PDF format

pj123 16:52 18 Jun 2004

You don't NEED Adobe Acrobat Reader but it is a good asset. Most "User Manuals" and some Help files are written in .pdf format but generally if you install a programme that has .pdf files Acrobat Reader comes on the CD, so if you are offered the opportunity to install it do so. As ThePharcyde007 says it is a Standard Format.

pj123 18:29 18 Jun 2004

Thanks received from danolito by email. Whether that has resolved this thread or not I don't know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?