Adobe PS Elements 3.0 - Organizer

sheila.weston 11:10 05 Oct 2005

In spite of the help files, I cannot work out how to use the Organizer window of PS 3.0. I have hundreds of image files in a large folder with numerous sub-folders on the F:\ drive. Is it possible to browse these in the organizer window (and work with them, applying tags etc)? At the moment all I have in that window are images of recent Christmas Cards I have been creating and a specific holiday folder which I have imported and made into collections - but all are on the same screen, which makes for a lot of scrolling.

Thanks for any help.

Sheila

ami 02:21 06 Oct 2005

With the organiser window open click 'file' - 'get photos' - 'from files and folders'.
This will open an explorer-type window from where you can browse to the images you want. Select your image, click the 'get photos' button and the image will appear in the organiser. Assign it a category, you can create as many of your own as you need, tag it if you wish and that's all there is to it.
Good luck

sheila.weston 10:19 06 Oct 2005

Many thanks, Ami.

Yes, the problem is that if I click on my main folder for photographs they all appear in the same window. But, following your suggestion, I looked again and noticed the tiny window at the bottom LHS and found that I could change to 'Folder View', which then shows all the subfolders etc. I'll experiment with this.

I have found the US forum for PSElements at [email protected]e2ah9Yu.4@.3bb65821" title="http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?[email protected]e2ah9Yu.4@.3bb65821" TARGET="_new">click here. This looks very useful.

Sheila

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?