Adobe Photoshop Strange Fault

dougiedoo 21:14 08 Dec 2004

I have a very strange fault, seemingly impossible to diagnose. I would like someone to suggest what this fault could be.
I like to read several magazines that deal with Adobe 7. The major one is Digital Photo. The second is Better Digital Photography. The third is Adobe Focus Guide.
At one time I could play the tutorial videos on Digital Photo and Focus Guide without any trouble. Then I tried the videos with Better Digital Photography. This latter would come on but after a while would cut off. The notice"there is no disk in the drive" would be shown. This notice cannot be cancelled without switching off.
I sent the computer to the local computer engineer and when it came back I could play the videos on Photo Digital and Better Digital Photography but not on Adobe Focus Guide! It was explained to me that finding the fault would be lengthy and expensive so obviously the fault proved to be difficult.
I took it to another engineer - Microsoft Certified - he said he would clean everything off the computer and everything would be okay. He cleaned it and it came back with exactly the same fault.
Going to the Control Panel I find that I have the following:
Abbey FineReader 5.0 Sprint: Adobe Photoshop 7: Active Disk: AVG 6: Direct Access USB 2.0 multi-connect BAY.: Fax Tools: IomegaWare 4.02: Lexmaark X5100 Series: Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003: Microsoft OfficeProfessional 2003.: NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers
Power DVD:Quick Time (latest edition): VIA Audio Driver Setup Program: Windows XP Service Pack 2.
I know very little about computers so would appreciate any help if this is possible. I have taken Office off. This made no difference. The fault was on before SP 2 was put on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?