Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0

LANDCRUISER 11:47 15 Jan 2006

Hi,can any one help,i loaded photoshop elements 4 to pc but every time i try to open the program the pc locks up,i tried reloading program but still the same,no spyware or viruses on pc so i am a bit stuck as to what is going on.

jakimo 12:23 15 Jan 2006

Adobe software is usually very reliable, are you sure that its original. theres a lot of copies going round

Kate B 13:59 15 Jan 2006

Got enough ram? It's a very memory-intensive app. I wouldn't try running it on a machine with less than 512MB.

LANDCRUISER 16:14 15 Jan 2006

thanks for your reply,yes its original bought on friday at pc world & have plenty ram 1.5gig,any other ideas please

LANDCRUISER 12:51 16 Jan 2006

Where are the experts has this caught you out

hssutton 13:45 16 Jan 2006

I use PS CS sao have no idea what your problem may be. So first port of call should be Adobe, for starters visit click here.
Failing that log into the Element 4 forum. I guess someone must have experienced a similar problem

LANDCRUISER 23:02 16 Jan 2006

Hi hssutton,thanks for you input will try adobe,could it be some thing eles as pc was playing up a bit prior loading adobe i tried loading picasa 2 & when i tried to input pictures same thing happened lock up,& also when i tried to open quick time & found that it locked up,so is there anyone with more ideas, ta

hssutton 00:17 17 Jan 2006

If you use the link I provided you will see that the major cause of this problem, is due to problems on the PC. they list the procedures to solve your problem. Hopefully.

Skyver 00:22 17 Jan 2006

If you are experiencing problems with all the programs you listed it sounds more like USB or display issues. What were you using Quicktime for, viewing pictures and movies? Can you boot into Safe mode and run Photo Elements successfully (hit F8 before you see the XP logo and select Safe mode)?
Did Picasa crash immediately or only when you wanted to Import images?

LANDCRUISER 23:29 17 Jan 2006

Hi skyver,quicktime i never use & quite frankly i think its for music & picasa froze when inporting photos,not tried it in safe mode yet,could it be that with 1800 photos that the amount is to great.

Skyver 00:02 18 Jan 2006

1800 photos shouldn't be too many, I'm sure decent software is capable of handling that. What version of Windows are you running? If XP, do you have Service Pack2 & all updates?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?