Adobe photo7 upgrade to CS2 thumbnail problem

[email protected] 20:56 10 Jun 2006

hi all, upgraded my photoshop7 to photoshopCS2, problem is where my pics file showed all my p7 files as a thumbnail (pic), now i have blue and green feathers on thumbnail but no pic. its the same if i browse from within CS as it is if i go strait to my pics....HELP need thumbnail pics

jimv7 21:24 10 Jun 2006

Open the folder where your pics are stored, on the folders toolbar, 'view' as thumbnails.

[email protected] 21:30 10 Jun 2006

yep - already in thumbs view

" now i have blue and green feathers on thumbnail but no pics.

terryf 00:06 11 Jun 2006

Is it because your pics are still associated with p7 which is not there? go to control panel>folder options>file types and scroll down until you find the extension for the pics (could be PSD or PDD) and check which program it is associated with, if not cs2 then click on change and make it so

terryf 00:14 11 Jun 2006
  [email protected] 00:42 11 Jun 2006

cheers terry f, ill give it a go

terryf 00:47 11 Jun 2006

You actually need psicon.dll_for_Photoshop_CS.zip from
click here to see cs2 thumbnails in explorer
Worked for me

[email protected] 01:04 11 Jun 2006

sorry for cross postin, ill stay here - sorry terry f

[email protected] 01:07 11 Jun 2006

isnt this for uploading images??? how will it make CS2 thumbs work- sorry again for confusion, it's late

hssutton 09:26 11 Jun 2006

If your Pics are in jpg, icons will show as a feather. In "Bridge" there are a number of ways to view, but in each case you shoud see thumbnails.

At the bottom left of "Brdge" you will see two small arrowheads, click on the right hand one, this will display the thumbnails. At bottom right you will see various setting for differing views of these thumbnails.

As already mentioned if viewing by from your image folder, go to "Edit" and select "Thumbnails"

terryf 11:05 11 Jun 2006

The zip file I found does work, you create a folder adobe/shell and put the dll file in it and then 2click on the reg file, all inside the zip and it does work with cs2 images shown as thumbnails in explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?