Adobe License Agreement ? nuisance

Whiston 21:16 05 Aug 2009

Has anyone else had this experience which has been happening to me over the last few days while browsing?
My screen will unexpectedly be taken over by a large box headed ADOBE LICENSE AGREEMENT followed by reams of text and the usual options to Decline or Accept. Suspicious of the manner in which this has suddenly started happening I click Decline and the box is replaced with an option to Continue or Quit. It's no option though because choosing Quit causes a freeze so you can do nothing, not even close down through Start. You have to shut down and restart through the modem. This thuggish behaviour makes me even more sure that it is not genuine. I have been to the Adobe website but it is slow that it's impossible to ask them anything.
I have pop up blocker enabled. I'd be grateful for some advice if any.
Whiston

GaT7 21:24 05 Aug 2009

What Adobe software exactly? Renaming the EULA file might help, e.g. click here. G

lotvic 21:27 05 Aug 2009

Is this the problem click here and fix

Whiston 22:25 05 Aug 2009

Thanks Crossbow7 but I don't know what software; I haven't got Photoshop. The heading is just ADOBE LICENCE AGREEMENT. In my Add/Remove I see I have Adobe AIR (whatever that is) Flash player10 Active X which I don't think I use and Reader, which I probably do.
Today it happened when I googled for nurseries to find a plant I wanted. Clicked into a plant supplier; up came the box and I had to close down because I didn't Accept and it froze.

lotvic thanks too. Your source suggests a way of accepting the Agreement but I could just click Accept when the box comes up. I haven't done that because I'm not sure if it's a "nasty" posing as Adobe.

Do you more knowledgement people think that it is from Adobe?
Whiston

lotvic 22:37 05 Aug 2009

What happens if you open Adobe Reader from your 'All Programs' list or shortcut on Desktop?
Does the ADOBE LICENSE AGREEMENT popup? if so you could accept from there without being on the internet.

DieSse 22:43 05 Aug 2009

There's been a number of Adobe security updates recently - you usually get a new licence to click after a major update. Click Agree and move on.

lotvic 22:48 05 Aug 2009

I had a look in my Add/Remove and I don't have Adobe AIR but do have the others that you mention.

Have a look click here google search to decide if you want to keep it.

Whiston 22:50 05 Aug 2009

Thank you lotvic - it did pop up for Reader and I
clicked Accept. I can't make the box that comes up when I'm browsing do it to order but I remember it is just headed ADOBE LICENSE AGREEMENT (not READER or anything specific.)
Now I've accepted for something I know I have perhaps it will do the trick. I'll let you know if it doesn't.

lotvic 22:55 05 Aug 2009

Righty-ho, let's hope it's fixed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?