Adobe to google earth is it possible

firebirdb 11:30 16 Jun 2014

I am trying to download some maps they appear on screen thro' Adobe, when I try to open them, the wording "File not recognised"appears ! The map sender (wild camping)suggests opening maps with google earth , I have tried this , but it does not work, any suggestions??

HenryF75 14:24 16 Jun 2014

I made an attempt to help you yesterday but rather than provide the information requested you marked the post as complete. I asume when you say you downloaded from Adobe that you refer to Adobe reader in which case the files will be .PDF. Please confirm this is the case. Google earth will not open pdf files but you can print them direct from reader. If my assumptions are wrong let me know the format of the file you download.

firebirdb 16:14 16 Jun 2014

Thanks for yesterdays input, with todays, they are both helping me get to grips with this problem,yes they are PDF format

HenryF75 16:52 16 Jun 2014

Not quite sure what exactly you are trying but found this post which is probably relevant. link

It would appear you have to convert your pdf image to jpeg before Google Earth will accept. There are some instructions in the fourth post on the link. 1]: [click here

firebirdb 17:11 16 Jun 2014

sorry, misinformed you the files are....... axe..... these are, at click here

Woolwell 18:04 16 Jun 2014

axe are Microsoft Autoroute Express files and I doubt that if you don't have that program that you will be able to open them. The site that you link to provides POI's for satnavs including wild camping. That may be better for you.

Woolwell 18:06 16 Jun 2014

You should download a kml file from POI apparently see Google Earth POI Installation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?