Adobe flash player challenge

The Dazza 20:34 22 Dec 2009

Hi

Every time I need to listen to something from the internet it tells me I need Adobe Flash player. I always then click on the link and download it (version10).

The problem is every time I reboot my laptop and go on the internet to listen it keeps asking me to download the flash player first!

I have downloaded it about 7 times now and I'm getting fed up!

Anyone know why this is doing this?

I'm on Vista

VoG II 20:42 22 Dec 2009

Uninstall click here then re-install click here

birdface 20:48 22 Dec 2009

Maybe use the removal tool to get rid of it.Then download the latest update.

click here

birdface 20:50 22 Dec 2009

Sorry .I should have pressed the refresh button before posting.

VoG II 21:22 22 Dec 2009

No prob. Nice to have confirmation.

The Dazza 21:26 22 Dec 2009

Unfortunatley the click here solotions didn't work. I have the same problem

johnem 21:45 23 Dec 2009

If you are running "No Script" withn Firefox, you will need to select "temporarily allow this page".Possibly your firewall is blocking this by default, not sure.

gigagiggles 23:12 23 Dec 2009

i prefer to install my programs off-line.

download the flashplayer installer from a reputable site. e.g. filehippo.com

select the appropriate program depending on the default browser you use - internet explore or non-internet explorer.

in filehippo's case, you will have to initially select the proper beta file. at the far right column, there will be the option to select and download the latest non-beta file. 10.0.42.34.

i would disconnect and shut down the browser and all windows associated with the browser. install flashplayer.

reconnect. visit adobe.com/shockwave/welcome. that site will confirm the installation's success, or not.

of course, if firefox and noscript addon, then johnem's advice applies.

if it's a particular favorite site that informs you of the need to update flashplayer, then it may be the fault of that website. this past summer, i had that problem with a site. everything else checked out. eventually, the site "updated" and everything was well.

rdave13 23:54 23 Dec 2009

If you are using Internet Explorer 7 or 8 then check 'manage add-ons' through tools. Under 'show' select 'all add-ons'. First one should be Shockwave Flash Object and enabled.

Second one should be Shockwave ActiveX Control and also enabled.
Next time you reboot the laptop check that these two add-ons are enabled.
If they are disabled then possibly a security program is being overzealous.

The Dazza 12:30 25 Dec 2009

I couln't see either of those!

rdave13 19:11 25 Dec 2009

Sounds possibly like a security program might be disabling Flash on boot. Seem to remember a thread with WinPatrol doing something similar to this.
Try reinstalling Flash again and rebooting to safe mode with internet connection. See if Flash is running ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?