Adobe Flash Player

tullie 22:08 03 May 2009

When i log into Windows Live Messenger,i get a prompt to install the latest version of adobe flash player.
I get this prompt even though ive allready done so,any ideas?
Windows Vista.

Sea Urchin 22:42 03 May 2009

Hopefully the last posting on this thread will lead you to a successful solution to your problem

click here

tullie 22:44 03 May 2009

All i get on your link is,
Secure Connection Failed

windowslivehelp.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Or you can add an exception…

rdave13 22:46 03 May 2009

Try downloading flash uninstaller; click here then close browsers and WLM. Run the uninstaller and reboot. Reinstall the latest flash player.

rdave13 22:54 03 May 2009

Sea Urchin's link works for me and looks a more thorough answer.

tullie 22:55 03 May 2009

Many thanks Sea Urchin and Rdave,have done as rdave suggested,will wait to see if i get any further prompts before ticking as resolved.

Sea Urchin 22:59 03 May 2009

No, site is fine - it's Windows Live Help. Here is the posting I mentioned which was in reply to someone with your exact problem, although I cannot reproduce the layout on this forum:

Re: Annoying Flash Player Required MessageReply Contact I've received an email and after following all this steps below, the problem is now cured

--- Email ---
Thank you for writing back to Windows Live Messenger Technical Support. This is Nathaniel and I will be helping you today.

I gather that you are still prompted to update your Flash software even after removing and reinstalling the program. I know how inconvenient that would be. Please know that I will do my best to help you out.

The probable cause of your concern is that some of the files used by the Windows Live Messenger are already corrupted. To fix this, it is necessary to perform a clean installation of Windows Live Messenger. The following instructions are lengthy but it is important that you follow them carefully to ensure the problem is resolved. I know how this can be quite confusing but I would appreciate your patience in accomplishing each step.

To perform a clean installation of Windows Live Messenger:

1. Remove Messenger from the computer.
a. In the notification area of the taskbar, click Windows Live Messenger icon, and then click Exit.
b. On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Control Panel.
c. Under Add or Remove Programs, click on Windows Live Essentials, and then click Uninstall/Change
d. Select Uninstall, click Continue.
e. Under Select the programs you want to uninstall, tick the checkbox for Windows Live Messenger and then click Continue.

2. Remove the temporary files and folders from the computer:
a. Click Start, click Run, type cleanmgr , and then click OK.
b. If you are prompted, click C: in the Select the drive you want to clean up list, and then click OK.

Notes
. If you partitioned the hard disk, the CleanMgr utility prompts you to select a drive.
. The Disk Cleanup utility displays how much disk space can be freed.
. This process can take several minutes.

c. On the Disk Cleanup tab, make sure that only the following options are selected:
. Downloaded Program Files
. Temporary Internet Files
. Temporary files
. Temporary Offline Files
. Offline Files

d. Click OK two times.

3. Delete Messenger related cache files
a. Click Start, click Run, type CMD , and then press ENTER to open a command window. Execute the following commands one at a time, and then press ENTER after each command to execute each of them.
b. The following commands delete files that are used when you sign in and files that are related to the Contacts Cache folders.

del "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts"

Aoki Joined on 11 Apr 2009 Posts 3 Points Product: Windows Live Hotmail (Windows Live Hotmail)

Sea Urchin 23:01 03 May 2009

Missed your last posting - anyway it's there if you need it.

tullie 23:01 03 May 2009

Chears,no prompts yet.

tullie 00:05 04 May 2009

Still prompts,will tick as resolved.

Sea Urchin 08:47 04 May 2009

Then it wouldn't hurt to try the method I've outlined above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?