adobe flash player

mobileman1953 19:08 30 Mar 2007

hi all i know this subject answer is available in the search facility, but i have tried advice and uninstalled flash with recommended link and then installed again this tells me flash has been succesfully installed, but when i go to a site needing flash it tells me flash is not installed any ideas how to overcome this

mobileman1953 19:35 30 Mar 2007

forgot to mention running win xp m c e edition with i e 7

Technotiger 19:39 30 Mar 2007

Hi, you could try again from this site ...

click here

I had similar problem when trying to use IE7, I reverted to IE6 and it worked ok again.

Technotiger 19:41 30 Mar 2007

ps - I now use IE6 if I want to view video - and Firefox for all other normal on-line stuff, like this Forum for instance.

VoG II 20:06 30 Mar 2007

Uninstall click here then install click here

skidzy 20:19 30 Mar 2007

If problems persist,try from click here note one version for Firefox etc and one for IE.

Eargasm 20:31 30 Mar 2007

I had a similar problem a while ago,it started after using regseeker, i could not view any videos on youtube.

I solved it by uninstalling Java runtime and flash player in add/remove programs and then reinstalling them.

mobileman1953 08:10 31 Mar 2007

thanks to all who answered skidzys suggestion worked by downloading flash from filehippo

Technotiger 08:51 31 Mar 2007

Hi mate, and Thanks - I know you are aware of my long running saga of trying to get IE7 with Video capability working properly, remember when I was advising peeps to revert to IE6 (which I had up until this morning) because of the video problem ... well WOW and WOW again, I have finally got both IE7 and FF2 with video clips that work, thanks to your link above. Strange thing is, I have tried the same links previously without success - but all ok now. I can only guess that somehow meanwhile, later updates have corrected what ever was preventing earlier success, I have not made any other changes to my system or setup.

VoG™ ... sorry friend, I tried your links before I tried skidzys', but I am afraid your links resulted in me having to use System Restore to get back to previous days settings - the reason being, that after using your links the video clips would not run at all, even in IE6! I have no idea why, so cannot offer any explanation.

Cheers ... TT

skidzy 09:09 31 Mar 2007

Hi Techno
About blooming time we got your flash fixed.
Just be careful when using the registry cleaners that this does not mess it up again.

I think you should now create a new restore point labelled Flash that may help out if further problems.

Glad your sorted Techno.

Technotiger 09:17 31 Mar 2007

Restore point already done! Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?