Adobe Flash player 10

six-h 16:23 16 Nov 2009

I occasionally view the Netto "offers" leaflets that require this player and today it doesn't install, I get a message saying "An Error Occured" when it tries to load the additional components.
right clicking the page and selecting "About Flash player" I'm taken to the adobe site which declares "You have version 10,0,32,18 installed".
Where as IE8 Manage add-ons states I have ver 9.0.124.0
"More Information" tells me that this is in a file named "Flash10c.ocx"

What the hell do I have?? and how do I get it to work!

birdface 16:45 16 Nov 2009

Maybe remove them all using the removal tool then reinstall the latest version.

click here

six-h 16:47 16 Nov 2009

buteman, thanks for that, I'll try it later.
Can't understand why it's just started to be troublesome though or why the Adobe site contradicts the version IE8 says it has.

birdface 16:58 16 Nov 2009

if you have just updated to I/E8 lately it sometimes removes some programs from Add-Ons.Although they are still there the folder is empty so maybe deleting it and reinstalling it may help.

Graphicool1 17:04 16 Nov 2009

There isn't any contradiction. You have more than one, located in different places. As for why you are experiencing aggrevation from one or another of them> As new version come out we are told to update to the latest because the old version is unstable. If you have a problem locating them all here is something free you can download that will make sure your system software has all the latest updates and patches. Secunia Personal Software Inspector click here

birdface 17:04 16 Nov 2009

I usually have a look at Aldi's to see what they have.
They have a decent looking computer this Thursday its about £590 but that includes the Monitor and 3 years warranty.
You will be able to have a look if you get your flash program working.

See if this Broadband speed test works for you as it needs flash installed before it will work.

click here

six-h 17:11 16 Nov 2009

buteman,yes, I did update to IE8 recently but have been able to view Netto's leaflets from their homepage since then, this problem only started today.
and yes, I can used the Namesco speedchecker.

Do me a favour and see if you can view the leaflets from this page link click here it might just be Netto's problem!

Graphicool1: Thanks for that, I'll give it a try

birdface 17:25 16 Nov 2009

Yes your click here works fine for me.

Graphicool1 17:28 16 Nov 2009

I checked your link, I can view the leaflet's. Download 'Secunia Personal Software Inspector' from the link above that will soon sort you out.

birdface 17:31 16 Nov 2009

When opening latest offers it did install something to do with flash player.So had to wait a few seconds for it to open.Just wondering if it could be a cookie problem with you.

birdface 17:44 16 Nov 2009

Check out pop-up blockers with netto.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?