Adobe Acrobat Reader

Kernow999 18:32 25 Jul 2008

Everytime I open Adobe Acrobat Reader I get an error message stating that it will not open properly. I try and unistall it but it will not go as there is a patch missing.
Also, I cannot print as Reader does not recognise the printer
I have tried installing a newer version (9) but it cannot uninstall the old version.
Any ideas on how I can get Acrobat Reader working properly please?
Many thanks

Technotiger 18:55 25 Jul 2008

Un-install it using click here

then download Foxit Reader which is free and is a better alternative to Adobe.

click here

Kernow999 07:43 26 Jul 2008

Even that would not do it as there is a patch missing.
Any further suggestions please?

Thanks

Technotiger 08:18 26 Jul 2008

If you can't get rid of Adobe, download and install Foxit Reader anyway, I don't use either of them myself, bit I believe Foxit does just about everything Adobe does - only better!

Kernow999 17:00 26 Jul 2008

I have got Foxit now, thank you. It does work.
Shame about Adobe though.

Cheers

Sea Urchin 17:17 26 Jul 2008

Can you open Adobe far enough to access the Help menu - if so you could try "Repair Adobe Reader Installation"

Kernow999 07:32 27 Jul 2008

I got as far as clicking on repair. The install box came up but went again with nothing happening. It also would not allow me to check for updates

zant 12:47 28 Jul 2008

Go to start run and type msconfig click start and look if Adobe Reader is ticked to start, if so untick and reboot. Go to start and search and type adobe reader. Delete all Reader bits to Recycle Bin, after which you can use progs such as Revo to clean up. Stopping AR loading at start up allows you to search and delete otherwise you will have problems deleting. Good luck hope it works for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?