new pc, new download of aa8, can open existing pdf files on pc, can open pdf attachment to e-mails - but it won't open a pdf link in an e-mail message and it won't download a pdf downlaod link in a website. Comes up with two error messages, first one is basically saying - adobe is open, please close and try again, - it then tries to dowload, and comes up with the 2nd error message basically saying I may not have access to that site.
Strange one this one - I removed the programme and rebooted and re-installed aa8 but the problem persists.
Found the answer - to help others am posting here - Open AA8, go to pull down menu - 'edit' - then 'preferences'- and untick 'display pdf in browser' - job done! - it seems as if the problem was caused by aa believing it was already open !
In an earlier version (5 or 6 - not sure which now, but probably 5) I switched off display in browser as Acrord32.exe would hang under certain circumstances. Switching off display in browser overcame this.
However, I've found that with version 7 (haven't switched to version 8 yet) in conjuction with IE7, NOT displaying in browser causes an IE7 Window to be created and then orphaned (i.e. just left there).
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.