adobe .8 install error message.

pasta bake 21:32 14 Jan 2007

Hello everyone!
I had adobe 7 preinstalled when i got my comp year ago.At times til now i've tried to download updates with same error msg.Given the latest adobe scare and asking everyone to download new version 8 as a complete security measure,i've tried to download V.8 with same error msg again.
The msg reads:error 1316.a network error occured while attempting to read from file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\AdobeReader 7.0 msi.
Anyone know what this is please??

brundle 21:35 14 Jan 2007

Uninstall 7 first.

brundle 21:43 14 Jan 2007

If you get the same error message when trying to remove 7, download 7 too, install, remove, install 8.

brundle 21:43 14 Jan 2007
  pasta bake 21:48 14 Jan 2007

Cheers.I'll do that now and let you know.

pasta bake 22:32 14 Jan 2007

What a pain in the arse this is.It wont allow me to uninstall V 7 stating i need to find where the installation package is but the search came up with nothing.So i'm puzzled and i'm just a rookie.

brundle 22:39 14 Jan 2007

Get 7zip (click here), drag and drop the installer for acrobat 7 into the 7zip window, extract to a folder and point the requester to that folder, or just run the .msi file from 7zip

brundle 22:45 14 Jan 2007

Sorry, 7zip wont do it...UniExtractor instead;
click here

brundle 22:51 14 Jan 2007

Scratch that too. Allow 7 to go through the install process, at the requester, locate the folder c:\Documents and Settings\[your account name]\Local Settings\Temp\25330b4.msi

The .msi name may be different but that is the acrobat 7 installer.

pasta bake 20:17 19 Jan 2007

Brundle!!! tried yir suggestion but got a little lost and i'm just a novice but willing to sit at comp to find my way round.Anyway i became aware of windows installer clean up utilty,which did not have installed bizarrely enough.Read what it did and gave it a wurl and justlike that adobe 7 gone and new ver8 loaded with no probs.many thanks fir yir help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?