Adminstrator has no administrator rights

User-C4C79601-3CFD-47B8-A5E4D4AA6B4408AD 09:35 16 May 2007

I have a xp home ed desktop. I was having a few problems with a network so i decided to do a system restore.

Once it had completed, and powered back up again. i found that i didnt have any adminstrator privilages even though i was logged on as the computers administrator. (administrator is the only account on the machine).

I cant access user accounts restore, install or uninstall aps pritty much cant do anything.

anyone have any ideas?

any help would be great

MAJ 09:42 16 May 2007

Try logging in to the default Administrator's account (not yours) in Safe Mode, see if you can reset your permissions from that account.

Taff™ 09:43 16 May 2007

Try starting in safe mode and selecting the "Administrator" account (Not your own login name) Then access your user account from Control Panel and check the settings there. If necessary set up a new User Account with administrator priviledges and see if that one works OK when you boot back normally.

have tried administrator in safe mode and it does exactly the same thing it wont let me access user accounts

MAJ 11:12 16 May 2007

Can you access 'user accounts' by going to Start > Run and typing in 'control userpasswords2' (without the quote marks) and clicking OK? If you can, try setting your account to Administrator in there by clicking on your account and choosing Properties. Under the Group Membership tab, tick 'Other' and choose 'Administrators' from the dropdown list.

Marko797 11:12 16 May 2007

Try this:

Click Start, and Run
Type "Control Userpasswords2" and press enter.
Uncheck the box for "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."
Click Apply and Ok.

This should give u access.

Taff™ 19:13 16 May 2007

MAJ & Marko797 have both given good advice - try their suggestions and post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?