Administrator Rights on Windows 7 - 64 bit

23790954 12:00 15 Nov 2010

Hello ther to all my good forum members, and friends again.
Would one of you kind persons please explain to me how to rectify the following problem I have.
Since upgrading to Windows 7, 64 bit, I have had difficulty in installing the odd programme from disc, due to the fact that the system says I CANNOT install the programme without full administrator rights. I have just downloaded some drivers from the internet, which I now need, and again I have been informed by visual effects on the monitor, that I cannot install the files on my system without having FULL administrator rights.
Although I am well into my 70's, I build all my own systems, and upgraded this system to a genuine Windows 7 operating system, a month or two ago.
Would some kind person with the technical ability, explain to me in easy to understand terms, remembering my age, on how to stop this administrator warning appearing when I attempt to install programmes, file, data etc.
Many thanks to anyone who is willing to advize me on my problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:48 15 Nov 2010

1. Click Start.
2. Click Computer (you can also found this icon on the desktop).
3. Right click on the Hard Disk icon where your OS is installed on and click Properties.
4. Click the Security tab.
5. Click the Advanced tab.
6. Click the Change Permissions button located after the Permission Entries list.
7. A new window will appear on your screen. Such a window contains a list of all the user accounts available on your computer.
8. Select the user account you want to give total control over your Windows 7 and click the Edit button.
9. Now, tick the checkbox labeled “Total Control” and press OK.
10. Done!

23790954 16:06 15 Nov 2010

Fruit Bat /\0/\ you have once again came to my rescue. Carried out your instructions, and job done. You are definitely someone worth knowing.
Many, many thanks, and kindest regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?