administrator password help

dopeman1992 00:16 20 Mar 2008

hello, my girlfriend has changed my password on windows (so i cant log in) and i cant get hold of her, seeing as i was the administrator of my comp. and all other users have standard accounts i cant even change my password through another user account.

so can someone please help me and tell me how i go about getting back into my account

:) cheers

Miros 00:41 20 Mar 2008

How do you know she has changed it? And if she did change how did she get your password? Are you sure that you are putting in the correct password?

Taff™ 06:41 20 Mar 2008

Try booting in safe mode (F8 key on start up)and log in as Administrator. If you`re lucky it won`t be password protected. Go to Control Panel>User accounts and select your normal User Name. Remove the password and reboot. Then log into your own account and set the password again.

Miros 09:26 20 Mar 2008

Alex you shouldn't email members unless invited.

I suggest that you post the explanation that you sent to me by email here in this forum.

VoG II 09:42 20 Mar 2008
  dopeman1992 19:12 24 Mar 2008

sorry about that matey, new to the forum. the reply i sent to miros via email was along the lines of "i went to change my password in control panel, she knew my current password and then changed it when she saw the
'type current password'
'new password'
'confirm new password' page.

i also have no windows disk (vista came pre-installed) but ive found it out now, but it would still be nice to know for future referance

Miros 23:46 24 Mar 2008

Is she still your girl friend?

You should be able to make a recovery disk in case of any mishaps in the future. Would it be an Acer machine by any chance?

No real problem with the email to me but not really a wise thing to do.

dopeman 23:49 24 Mar 2008

yes she is lol

erm, no it's a toshiba, and i'm sort of in the dark about recovery disks, could you please tell me how to do it, or make a link or sumfing :)

cheers

Miros 00:14 25 Mar 2008

Sorry I can't.
Try looking in programs for Toshiba and click on that if it's there, then you may get a link to or clue in how to make one.

This is what happens with Acer PC's. In fact I think they are all doing this now.

Why they can't supply one is beyond me it is penny pinching in the meanest way.

Miros 00:21 25 Mar 2008

Failing that you could have a look here for the info.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone