Administrative Tools

User-394903 01:06 05 Jul 2007

Hi everyone,
I was in Control Panel earlier and opened Administrative Tools> Computer Management> Event Viewer> Application. I scrolled and found a number of Warnings and Errors between the 16/06/07 and 04/07/07.
In the Security Folder there is a number of Failure Audit between the 30/06/07 and 04/07/07. There is a closed lock at side of Failed Audit, while the System Folder shows Warnings and Errors between the dates of the 18/06/07 and the 04/07/07. All Warnings have an exclamation mark (!) in a yellow tri-angle and the Errors have a white X with a red background in both the Application and System Folders.
If there is something I need to do to correct the problems, please advise.
Thank you

brundle 01:15 05 Jul 2007

Normally people experience problems and access the logs to match them with events, you are going about it the other way. If your PC is working OK then you have nothing to worry about, the odd error in the event log is nothing to worry about.

Stuartli 08:40 05 Jul 2007

In Event Viewer>System>highlight an error line, right click and then select Properties.

It will reveal any problem(s) which caused the error message - however you probably won't understand it and, as brundle suggests, you would probably never have known about it until having a look through Event Viewer...

User-394903 10:55 05 Jul 2007

Thank you brundle and Stuartli for your response. I have had problems recently concerning slow startup and System Restore. Here is a run-down of the security that is installed and wish to know if it is it sufficient. AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 (Plus version) Windows Defender, A-Squared (Free), Spyware Blaster and SuperAntiSpyware and Windows Firewall. Unitil recently I also had Norton Internet Security 2006 installed, for which I paid, when I bought my pc.

Earler this week I was having problems with slow startup and system restore. Startup was getting slower and Restore just wouldn't restore, no matter how far back I went, which was something like 2 months. So I consulted PCA, as I have in the past many times, and found the answer to both problems. I removed fully Norton Internet Security 2006. Startup time has reduced by half and system restore is fine.
To Stuartli. Having highlighted many of the errors in system folder, those that I looked at related to the NIS 2006 not being found.
So thanks again guys, but please let me know if there is anything else I can do to keep the nasties at bay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?