adjust the size of pics in emails

eedcam 13:17 24 Jun 2007

Regardless of size pics are far too big when my emails are received how can you reduce .Tried plain text and unticked send pictures in message still ther and too big

Legolas 13:28 24 Jun 2007

If you right click the picture you want to attach to your email and choose "send to" then "mail recipient" then tick "make all my pictures smaller" this will open your email client with the picture attached and of a smaller size.

Stuartli 14:10 24 Jun 2007

Download the Windows Power Toys Image Resizer from:

click here

and use the right click method as noted by Legolas above to resize a picture file or files as required.

eedcam 14:49 24 Jun 2007

Sorry guys none of that works Have tried make pictures smaller Nope Tries the res down to 640 x Nope All of which I could have donre prior in P/shop pain the ass I dont really want the images in the mail anyway I send my pics as attachements and of printable quality.Why cant OE just send as an attachement

jack 15:17 24 Jun 2007

Down load shrink pic from click here
This is a TSR[terminate and stay resident program] that runs in the back ground all the time.
You can set the desired size and close it ,then when you pick a pic' from your collection to attach to a mail the program automatically copies it, shrinks, and sends it
'Just like that'
The program download also includes a short 'How to' movie
and its FREE

You could also use a host site such as
photobucket or image thrust
you then simply inclde in your mail a URL to the image stored on the site.

alB 15:38 24 Jun 2007

Try the e-mail facility in Picasa from click here ...alB

eedcam 15:39 24 Jun 2007

Thanks Jack I can adjust the file size my self It is the damned size of the picture in the email that is the problem One it should'nt be there two if it is it should fit the email not have to scroll all over the place to view it.

beeuuem 15:45 24 Jun 2007

What is the format of the picture you want to send, jpg, bmp?

beeuuem 15:50 24 Jun 2007

Outlook Express inserts the attached images in the body of email messages in HTML format. It does so for your convenience. If you want to override this behaviour, run regedit.exe, find the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0
where {GUID} is a unique alpha-numerical string corresponding to your identity.

Set the DWORD value for "Automatically Inline Images" to 0.

If the key does not exist create it.

Stuartli 15:52 24 Jun 2007

An excellent alternative is PIXResizer from:

click here

Handles most formats and can do individual or batch files.

eedcam 15:53 24 Jun 2007

Jpeg though that is irrevelant I sometimes send as Psd simple really I want to send as attachement only OE is supposed to be able to do this but doesnt sends apicture in the email which is always too big to view complete.File size is nowt to do with it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017