Address word Doc.

gengiscant 15:15 21 Aug 2010

How do I simply enter an address on the right hand side of an A4 sheet.
Do to problems I am experiencing with the medical profession,i am doing a lot of letter writing and quite simply I would like to make up some headed templates with addresses and reference numbers on the right hand side.
Then I can just have to compose the letter without all the faffing about I am doing at the moment.

VoG II 15:33 21 Aug 2010

If you right justify the text it should line up against the right hand edge.

howard64 15:33 21 Aug 2010

highlight the address and click on the format right on the top bar. If it is not there click on add remove buttons

Woolwell 16:12 21 Aug 2010

Personally I don't like the appearance of the address using right justify. I use increase indent until I get to the right position.

gengiscant 16:15 21 Aug 2010

VoG
I'm assuming that right justify is the 6 broken horizontal lines above the word paragraph. If so,yes it moves the address to the right but it is aligned to the right hand margin.Which is not what I want.
I need to put the address which is currently hard up against the left hand margin all the way as it is to the right.
I hope I am making sense.

howard64
" click on add buttons" where is that?

gengiscant 16:15 21 Aug 2010

Whats increase ident?

Sea Urchin 16:19 21 Aug 2010

If you don't wish to use the right justify button then you will have to simply use the space bar/backspace to set up the address as you want it to appear, and then save it as a template. Each time you type a letter you can open the template instead of just a new Word doc.

gengiscant 16:40 21 Aug 2010

That's what I am doing at the moment, so wanted to find out the correct way of doing it ,so to speak.

gengiscant 16:46 21 Aug 2010

Sorted it. Highlighted the address then right clicked and there was a symbol below the big A with a brush.Clicked a few times.Whole address over to right.As I said sorted.

Sea Urchin 16:55 21 Aug 2010

.....but if you don't want to do that every time you write a letter you should create a template.

gengiscant 16:58 21 Aug 2010

Done that.Made a couple of templates and saved.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?