Address tool-bar

WFS 15:49 22 May 2009

My address tool-bar has vanished. Can anyone show me where it may be lurking.

Frustrated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:52 22 May 2009

Bowser?

lotvic 16:15 22 May 2009

presuming it's browser:
If the whole lot has disappeared from top of screen Press F11 (for both, Firefox and IE)

if just the url address bar in Firefox > View > Toolbars > and tick Navigation Toolbar

birdface 17:27 22 May 2009

Try right clicking an empty spacein the toolbar and untick lock the toolbar.Now a few dotted lines should appear on the toolbar it is just a matter of pulling it to the right.left.Up or down to make the address bar show.

Remember to lock the toolbar again when finished.

WFS 17:42 23 May 2009

Thanks to all for your responses. The Address tool-bar that I have lost is on my task bar, and when I right click on the Task bar and open the Tool bar drop down, there is no Address bar present. This is somewhat inconvenient, as I have to open Firefox on my internet connection to use Google when it is much simpler to use the Task bar Address bar.

I'm still frustrated as I have tried every trick that I can think of to sort things out.

WFS

Sea Urchin 18:03 23 May 2009

Have you by any chance just installed XP SP3 - if so the taskbar address bar is no longer available. If that is the case there are other alternatives

click here

WFS 15:57 24 May 2009

Sea Urchin,

That's precisely what I've just done, installed XP SP3. Many thanks for the info.

I wonder why they would do a stupid thing like that?

I shall just have to keep on using the long way around.

WFS.

Sea Urchin 16:02 24 May 2009

Why not install one of the two options in my link - either will give you back the address bar functionality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?