Address Book/ Organiser

Pesala 07:31 24 Mar 2003

I use a Serif Page Plus Template to produce my own personal address book in a hnady A7 booklet. Someone liked the idea and asked me for a copy but I don't have time to make it for him, or explain how to make it. He doesn't have Page Plus anyway.

My Question: What is the best (possibly Freeware) telephone/address book organiser that can print out a nicely formatted list? I have seen Lotus Organiser 5.0 which is pretty good if you want to use a standard format organiser.

Would anyone recommend other solutions using Outlook address book, Word, or freeware/shareware utility?

Lú-tzé 08:26 24 Mar 2003

One of the best PIM's of all time is now freeware - Ecco Pro and you can read more about it - and download it - here:

click here

Pesala 08:59 24 Mar 2003

I downloaded the entire distribution from the ftp server - about 30 Mbytes, and had a quick look at the manual. My friend is not computer literate. I doubt whether he could get to grips with it. Lotus Organiser would probably be a lot easier to learn.

Belatucadrus 11:14 24 Mar 2003

click here for 2sync

click here for taskplus

click here for smart diary, All free .

Belatucadrus 11:18 24 Mar 2003

Or you could click here for a free copy of page plus 5 and give him a copy of your template.

Pesala 15:41 24 Mar 2003

I tried to install 2Sync but it wouldn't install. Ecco Pro has a 400 page user manual and is far too complex for my friend to use. Task Plus and Smart Diary look more like desktop calendars than address databases.

zanwalk 15:47 24 Mar 2003

Try this one:

click here

Not free but an excellent organiser with a number of printing options.

Pesala 15:57 24 Mar 2003

I have downloaded it, and will take a look.

Belatucadrus 16:35 24 Mar 2003

click here for phonedeck 1.3 also free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017