Address Bar - No drop down menu

Sazzzer 12:16 12 Apr 2006

Hi guys,

I am running XP, and have Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I recently added a new printer, and it put a 'Canon Easy-Web Print' menu below my address bar. As I am not in the habit of printing web pages, I went into View, Toolbars, and de-ticked Easy-Web Print.

Now when I click on the address bar drop-down arrow, there is nothing listed, like it's not saving history. Sometimes I get a big blank box, and other times it won't drop down at all. How can I fix this please. (And no, I don't really want to uninstall my printer, it took me long enough to get the blasted thing in).

BTW, I also have Google toolbar running, but have done for 'years' with no problems.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Sara

Marsh Warden © ™ 16:10 12 Apr 2006

Check your Auto complete settings:-

IE Explorere\Tools\Internet Options\Content Auto Complete check box in what you want it to do.

Sazzzer 16:29 12 Apr 2006

Thanks for your reply.

I have 'web addresses' and 'user names....' ticked. Does this make a difference? It seems it's only remembering what I've done this session. I used to have a long list in the drop-down menu of all the website addys I'd typed into the address bar.

Actually, I've just checked 'History', and that's not remembering anything before today, and no I haven't cleared history. It seems something is set to clear history after each session, but I don't know where. In 'Tools' under 'History', I've got keep history for 30 days.

Does any of this help?

Thanks.

Sara

Marsh Warden © ™ 16:34 12 Apr 2006

Maybe a repair to IE click here

Sazzzer 12:45 13 Apr 2006

Hi Marsh,

I tried the repairs, and it didn't find any problems, but it don't solve it either.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help.

Sara

Marsh Warden © ™ 17:29 13 Apr 2006

Have you got an application running that clears your history and temp files on exit, such as ccleaner, history kill or similar?

Sazzzer 13:21 14 Apr 2006

No, nothing like that Marsh, and it was all working fine until I added the new printer, so I think that must have done something, I just can't work out what. I guess it's just something I'll have to live with, as I don't want to take the printer off.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Sara

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?