address bar missing xp pro sp3

johnnyrocker 20:07 11 Apr 2009

not exactly missing but i am unable to type an address in as where the space was has gone and is grey, i have checked screen size an checked settings all seem ok and i have run out of ideas any ideas?

johnny

tullie 20:16 11 Apr 2009

Have you right clicked the toolbar at top and enabled it?

johnnyrocker 20:18 11 Apr 2009

yes it has a tick where it should be and says address at the end under links but thanks

johnny

VoG II 20:32 11 Apr 2009
  rdave13 21:22 11 Apr 2009

XP Sp3 Home and running IE8. Right clicking toolbar doesn't show up address bar for me. Read something about EU legalities etc., and after Sp3 it's not shown in the dropdown menus?
I'd go for a restore in internet options--advanced tab. You'll lose your saved passwords and have to enable your wanted addons again. Another thing I've found is after an IE restore I've had to re-install Ie spell 'over the top'.

johnnyrocker 17:07 12 Apr 2009

not running ie8 but as usual vog has come up trumps many thanks

johnny

gerryp25 16:10 08 Mar 2010

Hi everyone, can anyone help, I appear to have lost my toolbar at top of screen. At the moment I have 'file edit view etc, next line back forward etc then Google search bar which I have had for a while. The missing toolbar went missing last night, I have done the right click on space at top of screen and what shows is as follows 'Standard buttons' address bar'links' Google toolbar'. The only one not ticked is the links , underneath these is 'lock the toolbar'and 'customize'.
At the moment I can't type any addresses
I am running XP sp3
Help please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017