Add/Remove Programs Not Listed

Taff™ 10:07 04 Jun 2006

I have backed up a friends data and used the dreaded red floppy to restore to factory settings. The Packard Bell software appeared to do this successfully and I then set about trying to remove various programs from add/remove. Virtually nothing was listed!

For example Adobe Reader 5 is installed and working on the computer but doesn`t appear nor is it listed in All Programs. As basically all the preinstalled software. (Power DVD is listed in All Programmes but again not in Add/Remove)

I`ve googled but can`t seem to find a clue - it sounds like a registry problem. Anyone experienced this before?

The Spires 10:11 04 Jun 2006

The Add & Remove data is located in the registry & as you have reverted back to factory setting the registry no longer contains information regarding the programs that were installed after factory default. You could try re-installing the programs you want to remove & hopefully you should then be able to remove them.

VoG II 10:12 04 Jun 2006

click here{47}Remove-Programs-applet? could be a start.

VoG II 10:13 04 Jun 2006

Sorry click here but The Spires suggestion is good.

Taff™ 10:28 04 Jun 2006

The Spires - Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that all these programs were restored from the hidden partition so I don`t actually know what has been installed other than going down the C:\programs route.

I`ll check out VoG`s link - cheers mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?